Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Holly Grose - Hv Jewellery Designer


"In simple terms, I make Jewellery. But I do it in a way I like to describe as new, showing off metals in a way that is often forgotten." Holly's captivating jewellery designs are something that stand out of the crowd, with each piece being handmade using a lost wax cast process, the end result is a wonderfully unique item which recreates classic jewellery. Holly shares that part of her enthusiasm and passion comes from "seeing someone else enjoy its beauty!"

Holly feels that motivation stems from within, saying "I think I definitely motivate myself to make things but you can’t have zero inspirations". Finding that the simple things around her inspire her "from my best friend to walking through the bush and fellow makers." Holly shares that she has "always been a maker of things – since as long as I can remember. I think that it really took off in high school and then moved in the direction of metal in my late teens." After high school, Holly went on to study contemporary jewellery at Monash University. There she was inspired by Van Kouswik, whos focus is 'on the re-creation of everyday objects and references to botanical specimens' (http://www.hvjewellery.com/about/)


"Supporting local and small businesses keeps opportunities like mine possible. I keep this in mind with every purchase and every material sourced. It’s important for your community if anything!" Personally understanding the significance of handmade Holly says confidently that "Every purchase is an investment when you support local handmade makers."

HV Jewellery has only been running for six months but Holly says "it feels like a real part of me now". Being something of a "natural passion, one that comes from the joy of making things with my hands" it's easy to understand how these unique designs and inspirational concepts have become apart of Holly. 
"I love having a personal connection to every piece that goes out the door. And who doesn’t love working to their own hours, I sure do! Achievements come from every piece I make, making something new is always an achievement for me."
And lastly she shares with aspiring business owners and hand-makers "It’s cliché to say…but always stay true to yourself and your vision. The other important thing would be to remain savvy with all your investments."
 



You can find Holly's designs on her website and Instagram:
http://www.hvjewellery.com
https://instagram.com/hvjewellery/



No comments:

Post a Comment